LANDFILL DROP OFF DAYS: November 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
UPDATE 11/01/19: The town landfill is open today and through the weekend. The Town Office is closed today due to weather. If you haven't had a chance to get your permit, they will take your name and address with proof of residence at the landfill, let you in to dispose of your stuff and then ask you to pick up a permit at the Town Office by November 15th.
Residents MUST HAVE A PERMIT STICKER, see below for information on purchasing a permit sticker.
Permit stickers purchased now will expire at the end of 2020.
When you purchase a permit sticker, at a cost of $25, you will receive two (2) free cubic yard tickets, to be used anytime the landfill is open.
Town of Orono Landfill Access Rules
How it Works:
Town residents may dispose of certain types of waste generated in Orono at the Town Landfill located at the end of Taylor Road after purchasing a yearly resident access permit for $25.
Some types of waste are accepted at an additional cost per cubic yard. No funds are accepted at the landfill, Permits and Per-cubic-yard tickets may be purchased at the Town Office and tickets are presented at the landfill before dumping.
Waste that is free to dump for permit-holders:
- Scrap metal
- Non-freon-containing white goods (ovens, microwaves)
- Leaves and brush
- Clothing, towels, bedding, footwear
Waste that may be dumped by permit-holders for a per-cubic-yard fee (minimum fee of one cubic yard):
- Tires (4 tires = 1 cubic yard)
- Couches and other furniture (1 couch = 1 cubic yard)
- Mattresses (1 mattress = 1 cubic yard)
- Freon-containing white goods (1 refrigerator, freezer, dehumidifier, A/C unit, or other item = 1 cubic yard)
- Construction and Demolition debris (per cubic yard)
Waste that will not be accepted:
- TVs, monitors, and computers
- Fluorescent Lighting Tubes
- Hazardous Materials
- Auto engines or car bodies
- Recycling or household trash - see our curbside collection program
- Oils, pesticides, paints, or other liquids
The landfill only accepts waste on certain days. For the most up-to-date schedule of when waste will be accepted at the landfill, inquire at the Town Office.
NOTE: All information and fees on this flyer are for residential waste. Commercial fees may be found at http://orono.org/534/Fee-Schedule
About the Landfill
The Town of Orono operates and maintains a Maine DEP licensed Construction Demolition and Debris (CDD) Landfill.
The Landfill is located at 1 Putnam Road, Orono ME 04473, at the end of Taylor Road, which is located off Forest Avenue in Orono. This disposal site is for wastes generated within the Town of Orono only.
Residents must present a Town of Orono Landfill Permit at the time of disposal. Permits are available to be purchased at the Town Office during regular business hours. No permits are available for purchase at the landfill.